Academic Council is the Advisory Body to the Principal for all academic and disciplinary affairs of the College.
Principal of the College is the Chairperson of the Council and Heads of all Departments are the members of the Council. The Academic Council comprises of the following members/teachers (one third of the members will make quorum).
Members of the Academic Council
1. Chairman, Governing Body of North Bengal Medical College
2. Principal of the North Bengal Medical College
3. Director of the North Bengal Medical College Hospital
4. All Professors of the Departments
5. All Heads of the Departments
6. One Associate Professor (on senior basis, if more than one) from each of the Departments
7. One Assistant Professor (on senior basis, if more than one) from each of the Departments
8. Two members of the Governing body